Since 2010, Australia has been
moving toward a national framework for schooling aimed at raising education
standards and achieving nationally consistent curriculum, assessment and
reporting. All schools are required to implement the Australian Curriculum by
the end of 2020.
At Mapleton, we have developed a clear ‘Whole School
Curriculum Plan’ which outlines our plan for implementing the Australian
curriculum in all of the 8 key learning areas by the end of 2020 as required.
To enhance our curriculum even further, our school also offers:
- Environmental Science (using Baxter Creek Environmental Site)
- Curriculum related excursions and camps
- Arts enhancement activities including Arts Week, Instrumental Music and Choir
- Sporting, Athletics & Swimming programs, and inter-school activities
- Science enhancement through the Cosmic Kids Club utilising our Mapleton State School Observatory
- Opportunities to develop critical and creative thinking and collaborative learning e.g. 'MakerSpace'
- Student Council